Cozy Home offers comprehensive home performance assessments, a complete array of building diagnostics and testing to construction services for envelope thermal boundary, new and retrofit. Our methods are based on a integrated systems approach that follow the established principals of building science and energy performance standards. We believe that improved comfort, healthy indoor air quality, and building durability are as important as energy savings. We ensure that our client’s homes and buildings are durable, safe, healthy, comfortable and energy efficient. Guaranteed.
Cozy Home offers a selection of services to suit your specific needs that will add immediate value to your project, while securing long term energy performance goals.
Home Performance Services:
- Home Energy Assessment – comprehensive and integrated ‘house as a system’ inspection using full array of diagnostic testing (blower door, infrared scanning) to assess health, comfort and energy savings that is captured in a full report.
- Mass Save Energy Audits – Entry into Mass Save program along with full home assessment that determines eligible measures for utility incentives and financing for improved home performance
- Consultation and Building Evaluation – Focused review and inspection of a specific building performance issue that is captured in findings report.
Building Contracting Services:
Cozy Home Performance provides a full array of integrated building diagnostic testing services, construction of high performance building envelope (insulation and air barrier controls), as well as other energy efficiency measures. Our expertise will support your goals for a building that has maximum comfort, health, safety and energy efficiency. Guaranteed. With more robust energy codes, both stretch code and IECC 2012, building diagnostic testing is an essential practice to verify actual, as-built performance in residential and commercial applications; new construction and retrofit.
- Infrared Thermography (IR Scanning) of building envelope: determine air leakage, water damage, insulation flaws
- Building Airtightness testing with Blower door: determine CFM50, ACH50, natural air changes per hour, leakage pathways
- HVAC duct blaster airtight testing, system flow rates and zone balancing
- Combustion Backdrafting Safety testing: the tighter the home the greater the risk for flue gas spillage
- Bath fan exhaust flow rates and house ventilation requirements
- HERS Rating Support: Design and performance inspection of thermal envelope
- Design/install of high performance thermal boundary
- Targeted envelope air barrier controls and air sealing
- Ventilation improvements and moisture controls
- New construction or renovation and issue specific remediation
- Architects and General Contractors
- Thermal boundary design / review / installation
- Code verification diagnostic testing
- HERS Rating
- Building Diagnostic Performance Testing: air barrier controls, insulation continuity, ventilation flow rates
Testimonials from Cozy Home Customers
Cozy Home Performance is hands down the best energy diagnostic and insulation company in the Valley. Mark and his crew enter and exit your work stream seamlessly, on time and on budget. The key is the knowledge, experience and personal responsibility each employee brings to his work. Mark not only has design experience, he also has the creative spark that leads to innovative solutions to unique problems. With all forms of insulation under one roof, careful diagnostics and appropriate choice of material, one always get the most out of every insulation dollar from Cozy Home Performance!!
I’m happy that the incentive was more than anticipated (As a Home Performance Contractor with Mass Save Cozy Home secured $2,760 in project incentive funds.). I enjoyed working with you and your crew. Everyone was pleasant to deal with. They were professional and courteous and when I had questions, the answers were in a non-technical response so I could understand. Each day they left the area clean.
Someone from the utility company was here today to inspect the work resulting from their incentive. They were very positive both about the quality of the recommendation, and the quality of the work. I am pleased too. I’m almost looking forward to next winter to see the difference.
The house definitely feels different – hard to explain the feeling, maybe more solid? Anyway, we have checked out all the work areas that we could and are really impressed. We can already feel the difference in some rooms – even with the warmer weather! Thanks to all the guys who were at the house. They were all very polite and pleasant and seem to have done an awesome job!