CHP provides a full array of integrated building diagnostic, forensics and performance verification testing services. Our expertise will support your goals for a building that has maximum comfort, health, safety and energy efficiency. With more stringent energy efficiency codes building diagnostic and verification testing is an essential component in residential and commercial construction. One of the most valuable uses is for building forensics to determine exact locations and causes of building envelope failures: air leakage pathways, flawed insulation, and water damage.
- Infrared Thermography (IR Scanning): Used to verify performance of insulation and air barrier controls through out building envelope; determine thermal by-passes and trace water damage.
- Building Air-tightness /Blower Door Test: Determine integrity of air barrier controls, air changes per hour (ACH), air leakage pathways.
- Duct Air-tighness Testing (duct blaster): Determine how well air sealed ducting is.
- Building Ventilation: How tight is too tight? After air sealing a building the need for mechanical ventilation must be assessed to ensure proper air changes per hour for the health and safety of the occupants.
- Combustion Safety Testing
It is imperative that home depressurization limits are tested to ensure that atmospherically vented combustion appliances do not back draft combustion gases into living space. This is very important for the health and safety of building occupants.
- Mock-up Assembly Testing: pressurized fogging of window assemblies and envelope air barriers.
- HERS Rating Support: Diagnostic testing and verification of thermal envelope.
Testimonials from Cozy Home Customers
Cozy Home Performance is hands down the best energy diagnostic and insulation company in the Valley. Mark and his crew enter and exit your work stream seamlessly, on time and on budget. The key is the knowledge, experience and personal responsibility each employee brings to his work. Mark not only has design experience, he also has the creative spark that leads to innovative solutions to unique problems. With all forms of insulation under one roof, careful diagnostics and appropriate choice of material, one always get the most out of every insulation dollar from Cozy Home Performance!!
I’m happy that the incentive was more than anticipated (As a Home Performance Contractor with Mass Save Cozy Home secured $2,760 in project incentive funds.). I enjoyed working with you and your crew. Everyone was pleasant to deal with. They were professional and courteous and when I had questions, the answers were in a non-technical response so I could understand. Each day they left the area clean.
Someone from the utility company was here today to inspect the work resulting from their incentive. They were very positive both about the quality of the recommendation, and the quality of the work. I am pleased too. I’m almost looking forward to next winter to see the difference.
The house definitely feels different – hard to explain the feeling, maybe more solid? Anyway, we have checked out all the work areas that we could and are really impressed. We can already feel the difference in some rooms – even with the warmer weather! Thanks to all the guys who were at the house. They were all very polite and pleasant and seem to have done an awesome job!